We are all looking for music that gets us pumped up. While young people might enjoy listening to hip-hop or rap, classic country music tends to be the most inspirational genre of all time.
While some might argue that only certain artists fall under the classic country category, we have made a list of our favorite classic country artists.
What is considered Classic Country?
The definition and meaning of “classic country” can be quite subjective. The genre of music itself, however, is defined by its timelessness. We know it to be a period rooted in American history – from the 1940s through the 1990s – which is why people often refer to artists like Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and Willie Nelson as “pioneers of classic country music”.
Classic Country History
- The style of music was a blend of older country music and elements of jazz and blues
- The first country artists to become known as “classic” were the biggest stars of this era, including Hank Williams, Ernest Tubb, George Jones, Lefty Frizzell, Kitty Wells and Eddy Arnold.
Classic Country music lyrics
- The lyrics are very meaningful
- The music is so easy to listen to
- The music is very emotional
- Classic country music is a great way to unwind after a long day at work or school, and it’s also the perfect genre to sing along with if you’re feeling stressed out or anxious!
Classic Country Artists
- Johnny Cash
- Merle Haggard
- Willie Nelson
- Tammy Wynette
- Waylon Jennings
- Dolly Parton
- George Jones
- Kris Kristofferson
- Buck Owens
- Hank Williams
In the end, we found that classic country music is the most inspirational genre of all time.
This genre has inspired songs in other genres and generations such as pop, folk, rock and more.
Anyone can find inspiration in these timeless classic country ballads.